The 6th Annual Carlisle Are Buddy Walk® will take place at Carlisle High School on September 21, 2013. Please join us at 10 AM.
Last year we had 377 people gather at Carlisle Area High School to celebrate the lives of people with Down syndrome. Together we raised over $15,000 to be used to empower people with Down syndrome. The funds raised were used by Central PA Down Syndrome Awareness Group to:
- Host a Halloween Party
- Host a Belated Valentine's Day Dance
- Expanded the Lending Library
- Host the 5th Annual Party Down Day
- Family Focus Event: Positive Behavior Support
- Distributed 9 iPads to aid in education and communication
- Sponsored people with Down syndrome to attend camp, therapeutic riding lessons, dance class and reading lessons
- Host informational booth at Carlisle Regional Medical Center's Egg Hunt.
We need your help! It is our hope that the 2013 Buddy Walk® will raise over $20,000. Every penny we raise will be used to empower people with Down syndrome and further our outreach in the community.